1. What is the starting salary range for this role?
Once you are a fully Qualified Accountant the starting salary is £50k or £250 a day.
2. How do you enter this field? (any prior qualifications or experience etc)
You will need to obtain a finance Qualification. You can become ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified.
3. What does a typical day in the office look like? (tasks, responsibilities etc)
Depending on the time of the year (for example if it’s month or year-end), the days can be very varied but they usually involve talking to budget holders, preparing reports, preparing management accounts and providing analysis.
4. What is the most challenging aspect of the job?
The work is very high pressured during busy times such as month end.
5. What is the most rewarding aspect of the job?
Engaging with senior Stakeholders and adding commercial value.
6. What skills are the most important to perform well in this kind of role?
Strong technical skills backed up with an Analytical mind-set
7. What advice would you give to someone looking to apply for a similar role? (interview tips, tips to succeed etc)
Accounting roles aren’t necessarily what they used to be, be prepared to mix your technical nous with the ability to look outside the box.
Share this blog